Submitted by artavia.seo
Mon, 30 Mar 2009
If you're interested in recruitment advertising, you need to be efficient about it, or you won't have the success that you're looking for and you won't get the right person for the job. Here are ten tips to help you do well:
1. Put all of your resumes and applications in a database when they are received. It lets you retrieve data much more easily, often by just searching for one keyword.
2. Make sure you contact their references, because they might not be as honest about who they know and how they know them as they should be.
3. Make sure that you're formal and professional when it comes to letting people know if they got the job.
4. The Internet can be your friend, so don't be afraid to advertise your job there.
5. Make sure you're clear about what is expected of the applicant.
6. Show the applicants that you are offering them a good career opportunity.
7. Post in different categories and on different sites – there might not be a 'one size fits all' description of the job you're offering.
8. Make a Website for your company and for the job recruitment so that people have one place to go to apply and you can keep track of the steady flow of applications and resumes.
9. Don't downplay important aspects of the job because you think someone might not want to do them. If you aren't honest up front, you won't find the right person.
10. If you aren't planning on filling the job right away, let people know that. Set a time limit for sending resumes and applications and stick to it.
It's easy to make mistakes when you're looking for someone to work for you, but you don't have to struggle with problems that you could easily avoid. Take the time to learn a little bit more about recruitment and the right ways to advertise for what you want and need in a new employee. Then, be willing to look at what people have to offer and don't just settle for the first person who applies. Wait until you have the chance to look at quite a few people's resumes and applications so that you're sure you're getting the right person for the job. Once you check that person's references and hire him or her, you can relax a bit and feel safe in the assumption that the person will likely work out and stay with the job, stopping you from having to go through the whole process again any time soon.
About the Author
This article was written on behalf of MKH Advertising who provide London Recruitment and Marketing Advertising for great British companies
Download Critical Approaches to Fiction - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT - *Critical Approaches to Fiction pdf/epub/kindle/txt* By:Shiv Kumar Kumar,Keith F. McKean Published on 2003-01-01 by Atlantic Publishers & Dist Critical Ap...